The widespread of coronavirus is changing our working style - Stay@Home.
Although our network infrastructure has been well developed to support remote working, yet some tasks we still find difficult to complete at home.
For researchers, under the situation of universities/labs are closed, simulation research which needs high performing computer may be difficult to operate at home.
There are a number of hurdles in reality,
- PCs such as general types of desktop or laptop are not powerful enough at computing
- General PCs are not designed for 24x7 continuous running
- Remote access to lab's computer is still not well prepared yet
- Worry about the security of remote access
- Cloud-based computing services on the market are too expensive for personal use
My research needs powerful computing. But how can I do it at home ??
Concerning the reality, we launched our remote computing service "aXremote" specifically for researchers.
- Researchers can remotely use our powerful servers for computational simulation
- Our systems are 24x7 continuous running
- Remote access and communication are encrypted by OpenVPN
- Researchers can use their general PCs or even mobile devices to connect and control
For your information we prepared a short intro of aXremote.
One week free trial is possible for highly interested researchers.
Feel free to contact us for more information and learn how we can assist your Research@Home.